Stacked stone - hot or wot?

January 10, 2011

We found a house on the weekend with pretty much the same colour scheme as we've planned - beige royal/surfmist, jasper and stacked stone in delhi bronze. But now I'm freaking out...
Is stacked stone still "in", or will people point and laugh at the funny lady's rock house?




I'll put a poll up on the sidebar so you can vote in private if you don't want to hurt our feelings. But we've got pretty thick skin, so feel free to comment too :)

10 comments :: thanks for sharing!:

Unknown said...

Whatever makes you HAPPY! Its your dream home (remember that!).

Anonymous said...

Hi I always loved stacked stone, but now it's everywhere it's somewhat lost it's appeal. So I'm thinking something with a textured finish would always look in but classy, not necessarily hot right now as is the stacked stone finish, but at the end of the day it's what you like, it's your place!!!
Helen

Janine K said...

Reinsey, don't try to keep up with whats hot all the time, you will send yourself to the funny farm in no time!!! I agree with Jazz, be comfortable with what you have chosen, I am sure it will be fantastic!! And to be honest, I haven't seen a lot of stacked stone on The Avenue to date, so you may be the trend-setter.

Debra said...

Looks good to me Reinsey. Remember its your house; the big picture in your head how 'you' want it. Roll on 20th, slab day?!

Raelene said...

There could be a reason for that Mrs Charlbury...
both there being no stacked stone on our estate AND me going to the funny farm - wooop woop woooop woooooop :)

Loz and I discovered on the weekend that we both thought the other wanted orange in the house... ha ha ha. Look out for a cheap splashback on ebay come May!!!!

Raelene said...

Loz... Have you voted 5 times for the first option??? Hmmm??

kysbigadventure said...

Personally I love stacked stone. You've got to go with what you like not what's in. If I went with what was 'in' I would have hated my house once I moved in. Besides what is flavour of the month today will be out tomorrow, it's just too hard keeping up.

Go with what you love and you will be happy you did.

Debra said...

Sounds like good advice from all the ladies Reinsey. Also, stacked stone isn't cheap...on many a wish list but not in budget. Will look classy.

Mental picture of Loz casting secret votes!! ha ha

Tonia said...

Im having white stacked stone..and not because it is 'in' at the moment..its because it looks wonderful against our bricks!

Anything you choose for your house that is 'in' now will eventually go 'out' tomorrow..trends change every day..so don't worry about whats happening in the outside world..if you like it then go for it! And when you eventually get sick of it you can always change it! lol

Raelene said...

Thanks ladies for your votes of confidence in the great wall of Cranbourne North. Looks like the stone stays (you win AGAIN Loz!!!)

Ky, I think you're the luckiest of all of us. You could just pick whatever you want without catering to "mancorating" (I made that word up - can you tell?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...